Sunday, January 16, 2005
- What was the capital of Bahrain during the middle ages and who moved it to Manama?
- Name two families who ruled Bahrain for a total period of over 250 years before Alkhalifa?
- From the 6th-16th century what were the islands known as Bahrain today called back then?
- Who ruled Bahrain from 1058-1238?
- What is the town called Zinj named after?
- What was the name of the old capital of ‘Iqleem al Bahrain’- that stretched from Basrah to the Strait of Hormuz including the archipelago known as Bahrain today ?
- What year did the battle of 'dul3' occur in Bahrain and who was it between?
- Towards the end of the 19th century, Sheikh Ali bin Issa Alkhalifa divided Bahrain up into different provinces assigning a different rular over each province from his family. In each province, the rular was free to set his own laws and tax rates. Who ruled the Jidhafs and Sitra province?
Non-Bahraini persons who score full marks will be given a head-start in the queue for a free Bahraini passport (Yemeni special edition). Bahrainis, you should already know this so don't deserve a prize :)
Answers will be revealed in a week's time once I find them out myself :)