Monday, November 01, 2004

Hot Stone Massage

On a lighter note, before Ramadan I decided to indulge in some beauty treatments at the Ritz Carlton Spa. Just have a look at the list of treatments on offer. Its longer than the menu in Alabraaj restaurant.

Mind, body and soul- my mind is in 5th gear right now as I try and make sense of my studies and daily attempts at the Times Crossword; its Ramadan so my soul is getting replenished with high doses of spiritual medicine with the blessings of Allah; all that’s left is my body- the vehicle which drives your mind and soul around. Late night TV, and early mornings and the constant grind really takes its toll out on you physically. So I decided to go get covered in boiling hot stones.

On the tin it says: “Stone massage is a unique connection we experience with nature, offering a sense of profoundness and sacredness that we too often forget. It's a deep healing and unique moment that enhances our awareness and brings us closer to our true essence. It is the perfect treatment that is as enjoyable and healing for the client as it is for the practitioner.”

I don’t know about the Indonesian masseur, but as for my experience, I cant recall a thing. Yes that’s right, I fell asleep. She kept prodding me to wake-up, I’d do so for a couple of minutes and then I was off again. My conscious and sub-conscious were at war right there on the massage bed - sleep, don’t sleep, sleep, don’t sleep. So much for getting closer to my true essence.

Posted by Anonymous @ 11/01/2004 07:23:00 PM

Read or Post a Comment

You fell asleep while having a 50BD massage?(over $130.00us) OUCH..... Must be nice having extra BD to toss away like that. Either that or is was the best damn massage ever.... I will let YOU decide.. I can only think how many shawarma that would buy me...

mmmmm SHAWARMA............

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11/01/2004 09:13:00 PM #
 

So you're back in Bahrain now? Studies finished? Welcome back!

We're having the first "Bahraini BlogFest" on Thursday night if you wish to join us (please do, we'll keep your identity secret!), here's a link with more information:

http://blog.meetup.com/265/?a=shareimg

Posted by Blogger Mahmood Al-Yousif @ 11/02/2004 09:47:00 AM #
 

Sounds like it was worth it, if it relaxed you that much.

Posted by Blogger John A @ 11/02/2004 09:27:00 PM #
 
<< Home